Long Run Saturday

Sorry it’s been a while since I posted, life has been crazy. I wanted to make sure I get back in the habit of posting for all of you again. 😊

Today was my long run, I have two more half marathons coming up this year, one in September and one in October. It’s is crunch time to make sure my training gets done so I don’t die at either one of my races. Thankfully today was a week where I get to cut back on my long run before my 9 miler next weekend so I only needed to run 6 miles today. I’m not going to lie, I run slow like a turtle on my long runs. Today started out with a icky stomach so I waited until around 9:30 before I went out for my run. I got my running clothes on, filled my water belt and turned my Garmin watch on. I walked to the end of our block while my GPS loaded on my watch and then away I went. My Garmin unfortunately does not tell me my pace until I hit a mile mark. Well today I felt so winded and out of breath, it was also clear skies, sunny and humid out. There was a little breeze but I just couldn’t help but feel so winded during my run. I thought in my head, the first mile is always the hardest, to get me through it instead of giving up and heading home. I don’t listen to music when I run so I can listen to what’s going on around me as well as think about things. Running is where I think of designs for my next set of cards I make, what races I may want to do, things I should do when I get home, and lately a lot of wedding thoughts/planning. Today all I could focus on was how tired I was. I managed to make it to mile 2.86 and my stomach was acting up. It’s common for runners to have to poop while running and unfortunately there was no bathroom around where I was. I decided to walk a little bit and drink some water, which helped tremendously. Well the last three miles weren’t any better than the first three. My legs felt like bricks, I couldn’t think of anything except how exhausted I was and how out of breath I was. 

When I got home I started to feel better (less sick/icky feeling) and my legs didn’t feel too bad. I looked at my Garmin and my average pace for my 6 miles was 11:30! I swear I walked like a mile once my stomach started acting up and I still managed a decent pace? I was so proud of myself and it definitely made sense why I was so winded during the run because obviously I was running faster than I usually do on long runs. I figured I’d finish with a 14 minute pace or something. I did end up getting pretty sick about an hour after I was done running but my nap and Gatorade definitely helped. Woot! Bring on 9 miles next Saturday! 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s